Help & Advice
There is a strict parliamentary code which mean MPs can only help people who live in the area they represent. So please ensure you live in Islington North before contacting us.
Find out who your own MP is by following this link and entering your postcode into the search bar.
If you have a personal issue (e.g. with housing, immigration or benefits) and you live in Islington North, we may be able to offer you help.
To contact us about such local issues or to arrange an appointment at one of our advice sessions please visit our contact page.
The following organisations can also be contacted for advice and support:
- The Citizens Advice Bureau provides free, confidential and independent advice to help people find their way forward.
- If you have a concern about a child or young person, the NSPCC helpline can be contacted for advice and guidance. The helpline is available twenty-four hours a day by telephoning 0808 800 5000.
- If you have a concern about an adult at risk, you should contact the Local Authority Services for Adult Social Care. Use the following website to find the Local Authority Services for your area: https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council
- Children and young people can contact ChildLine, which is available twenty-four hours a day, by telephoning 0800 1111. All calls are free.
- Adults and young people can contact the Samaritans for support. They are available twenty-four hours a day by telephoning 116 123. All calls are free.
If you or someone else is at immediate risk of harm or needs medical assistance, please contact the emergency services by telephoning 999.